Nelson Professional Development Workshop -
Grammar Embedding Writing Workshop
Improving teacher knowledge, methods and skills.
Presented by Janine Gordon, Cengage Learning Professional Development Consultant.
This practical hands-on workshop will examine the grammatical features of differing text types, embedding the teaching of grammar in writing, scope and sequence of grammar over the primary school and analysing grammar at the word, sentence and whole text levels.
- Identifying the Literacy Demands of specific learning areas
- Supporting students with their writing skills
- Supporting students with the writing aspects of NAPLAN
- Explicitly teach grammar strategies within the writing program
- Supporting teachers to scope and sequence literacy needs in learning areas for their students