What makes the PMs Australia’s most successful levelled reading program?
With over 1000 accurately levelled PM fiction and non-fiction titles, the PM program provides quality, variety and breadth ensuring children enjoy learning to read and experience reading success.
- Careful levelling – all PMs have been meticulously levelled to ensure there is a gentle learning gradient.
- New word introduction – new high frequency words are introduced slowly and are then reinforced in books at the same and succeeding levels.
- Close text/illustration match – the illustrations and photographs in the PMs help children to interpret the story and derive meaning from the text.
- Story structure – the PMs ‘hook’ children into reading with child-centred stories and a classic story structure – character introduction, problem introduction, rising tension and a satisfactory resolution.
- High interest non-fiction topics – designed to spark interest and enthusiasm in reading non-fiction, the PMs focus on topics that are child-centred with clear and logical presentation of facts, superb illustrations and photography.
To view our new PM videos visit: www.nelsonprimary.com.au/videosonline