Includes 20 Benchmark Books, a prepared Reading Record for each test and an Assessment Record Pro Forma
The Flying Colours Benchmark books have been carefully written, levelled and designed for the assessment of students' progress and achievements at the end of each Flying Colours level. One fiction and one non-fiction benchmark book is provided for each level.
The Flying Colours Benchmark Assessment and Profiling Software is also available. This CD-ROM assists teachers to accurately identify students' reading levels, record their achievements and progress and provide accurate data for individual, class and whole school review.
Flying Colours Benchmark books include
- High-frequency words specific to the level
- Language structures appropriate to the specific level
- Simple, clear plot structures
- Known characters from the specific level wherever appropriate
- A balance of gender, ethnicity, disability, fantasy and realism
- The non-fiction books also include a range of text types and are linked to the theme of the specific level.